Market Development Manager, Automotive Adhesives
Capelle Aan Den Ijssel | Fulltime
Location: The Netherlands (Rotterdam) or Kingsport, TN (USA)
This is Eastman Chemical
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This is the Role
The Market Development Manager for Automotive Adhesives is responsible for the execution of strategy for market-facing initiatives to drive and maintain growth in Automotive market segments. You develop and execute market plans while also monitoring their effectiveness and adjusting when necessary. The Market Development Manager serves as an expert on EBME framework and coaches others while managing Stage Gate Projects through completion and/or serving as Marketing subject matter expert as needed. You effectively collaborate and communicate with all relevant stakeholders within assigned market segment. You will be the EMEA leader for identifying and pursuing the most attractive new opportunities for Eastman products currently sold in coatings and inks. Opportunities include new product development and/or translation into adjacent markets.
- Annual Earnings: variable margin gains from closing new business for initiatives led
- Growth: for assigned market/channel(s), growth measured by launch effectiveness; Gate 5 launches; new business from market development and innovation
- Capabilities/Talent Management: provides marketing subject matter expertise and coaching to marketing and business teams
As Market Development Manager you will have overall market development responsibility for the entire automotive adhesive industry globally. You will report to the Global Adhesives Marketing Director.
This is who you are
You are a Market Developer with profound knowledge into the Automotive Adhesive value chain (Formulators, Tier Suppliers or OEMs). You proactively combine strategic thinking and strategy development with your strong collaboration skills to facilitate leadership skills and leverage team motivation. You take a creative approach to problem solving and offer Stage-Gate project leadership experience with tangible track record. You are experienced in the field of market development and/or application development and offer strategic / solution-selling experience.
This is what you bring
This role requires strong business/ marketing acumen, excellent project management skills with the ability of prioritize and multi-task and minimum 8 years of prior experience in commercial, marketing within the Automotive idustry. A Bachelor or Master degree is required. An MBA would be beneficial but not required. Fluency in English and German language, other languages are a plus. You are willing to relocate to Netherlands or Kingsport, TN (USA).
This is what we offer
It’s about growth and your long-term success. At Eastman, your career path can take many routes—each offering growth opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, and a globally growing work environment. Eastman fosters a culture of diversity steeped in teamwork and employee involvement, a place where dedicated individuals turn great ideas into materials that make a difference in everyday life. We support and encourage one another and believe that leveraging diversity in our thoughts and experiences allows us to excel in business.
- We provide competitive compensation and benefits designed to attract, retain, reward, and engage world-class employees.
- Eastman puts your safety and wellness first—at work and at home. To be sure, this commitment to safety is vital to the company’s ability to deliver high-quality products because it promotes operational excellence. But we also emphasize safety and wellness outside of work because it promotes an enhanced quality of life for our employees and communities.
- Eastman is dedicated to supporting individual growth, offering a variety of career and personal development opportunities with a strong emphasis on coaching and mentoring employees throughout their careers.
For further information about this position please contact Ahmed Farah via +31623912258 or send your application via the apply button.
We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms.
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Application Developer, Sales, Research, Marketing, Technology, Capelle aan den Ijssel, Rotterdam