- Commercial role within a very well-known multinational organization.
About Our Client
This organization is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information and analytics that help customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. They help lawyers win cases, manage their work more efficiently, serve their clients better and grow their practices. They assist corporations in better understanding their markets and preventing bribery and corruption within their supply chains. Furthermore, they partner with leading global associations and customers to help collect evidence against war criminals and provide tools to combat human trafficking. They endeavor to advance the rule of law across the world. Their teams are combining unparalleled legal and business information with analytics and technology to advance what’s possible for the way our customers work and to advance what’s possible in the world by strengthening the rule of law.
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with the local sales teams to generate/ uncover and follow-up data solutions opportunities. After an internal solution training, you will be the subject matter expert for our IP-based data Solutions, and as such you are the ‘go to’ person for the local sales and support teams and will drive the sales process.
The Senior Business Development Manager Data Solutions leverages a consultative / value-based sales approach, expertise, network and knowledge to convey credibility and to assess customer needs in order to close deals. The ideal candidate will bring an existing network of relevant buyer personas within large corporations across the CEMEA region.
- Passionately drive new business, including cold sales, in a consultative manner to achieve sales targets
- Develop and execute your territory plan and tactics in line with the business goals of the organization.
- Act as an entrepreneur and owner of your own territory / region.
- Leverage your existing network of data related buyer personas in the CEMEA region to ensure enrichment of quality opportunities in your pipeline
- Leverage your consultative / value-based selling approach to identify relevant business challenges, areas of value, and how we could solve
- Connect business challenges and value drivers back to our data solutions and present your prospects with our data solutions and how they will drive value for them
- Consistently achieve monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals and KPIs
- Embrace and support new sales initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Willingness to travel to meet target customers / prospects across CEMEA
- Pro-active with the ability to develop opportunities
- New business sales-oriented -not afraid to hunt and prospect (including cold calls)
- Ability to manage the complete sales cycle and close deals
- Proven track record in constantly meeting or overachieving on sales targets
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline and to forecast in a reliable manner
- Experience working on complex sales in a competitive environment
- Effective networking abilities both internally and externally
- Self-starting and target driven
- Be the ‘go to’ person in the assigned territory for all data related opportunities
- Collaborative attitude, team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Structured and planned
- Persistent and reliable
What’s on Offer
- University Degree in management, business economics or equivalent
- Experienced – 5+ years of business development and B2B sales experience
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Experience in selling complex solutions, consultative sales skills are a must
- Data Sales background is a must
- Good network to decision-makers for data or business intelligence in corporate prospects (e.g. high tech, automotive, chemical, pharma) is a must
- Intrigued by data and analytics & insights related business challenges and how to solve for these
- Experience solving for different buyer personas (e.g. VP of Analytics, VP of Data, Chief Data Officer)
- Active listener asking good and relevant questions, and compelling storyteller
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Expected travel up to 50%