About voco™ The Hague
A modernist urban home for the overseas explorer.
voco™ The Hague, where quintessential Dutch design and our unstuffy style come together in the city centre of The Hague.
Based in the Royal Quarter, this beautiful former bank building has the city’s shops, museum, and heritage locations as well as the embassy quarter and Peace Palace within walking distance. By taking the tram in front of the hotel, you will find yourself at the central station in 9 min or at the seaside within 15 min.
Our welcoming guest rooms offer thoughtful voco™ touches with quality bedding and eco-friendly upscale amenities.
Catch up over local dishes in Botanica garden kitchen & bar, discover drinks inspired by the Dutch Sea explorations from Ultramarijn wonderbar or hang out in our garden terrace to enjoy the voco™ life. With 2 boardrooms, a versatile work play area, and a below-ground private bar you will find various locations to meet, gather, or celebrate.
Your day to day
The Sales Executive is responsible for driving new business leads to Botanica, Ultramarijn, and the Meetings and Events spaces and maintaining client relationships. You have the unique opportunity to work with the Commercial Leader on implementing the commercial strategy of the flagship voco™ hotel, the newest brand of InterContinental Hotels Group. In this position, you connect with guests to ensure the successful rollout of the sales actions and strategies to achieve sales targets.
You are responsible for
- Driving results and consistently deliver & inspire others by example. Implementing a sales strategy proposed by the Commercial Leader and General Manager to ensure that revenue, reputation, and market share goals are achieved, and results are monitored.
- Proposing sales plans and special programs that drive measurable, incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase restaurants and bars and meetings and events sales.
- Targeting the right business mix to meet hotel and brand goals.
- Developing awareness and reputation of the voco™ The Hague, Botanica, Ultramarijn in the local community. Building strong relationships with (potential) clients and continuously build this base through your sales strategy.
- Living the voco™ brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring others to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through daily communication and coordination with other teams.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team to get a task done.
“At the heart of every great stay is a great host.”
At voco™, we’ve created a new hotel brand that gives people a different choice. Hotels to count on but different enough to be fun. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Our new family of hotels is connected by their own sense of style and individual character – and that’s something we make the most of. Finding the perfect mix of reliability and new experiences. Because we believe that when you respect individuality life gets interesting.
Whether you’re in a rush and need something fast or want to take your time over your welcome treat after a long journey, it’s all good. Eat, sleep, and everything in between. Cosy bedding, invigorating showers, and great food and drink available 24/7 (either in the restaurant, bar, or your room) are standard here. Plus, there’s fast Wi-Fi everywhere and your room has all the charging points you need for your devices. For every occasion, meetings, entertaining clients, writing up a report in your room, or grabbing a coffee as you catch up with emails in the bar – whatever work has in store, we work around you. We’re here to make sure you have everything you need to get the best out of the day.
Part of the IHG® family, you can rely on a uniquely voco™ experience every stay, but with some of the extra advantages that come with being part of IHG. Such as the benefits of the IHG Rewards Club, one of the world’s largest loyalty programs. Just as friendly to the environment we look after the planet with the same care as we look after our guests. So you can relax knowing that everything from your super comfy bed to the ingredients on our menu is designed to reduce our environmental impact.
- Experience within a lifestyle hotel brand sales and marketing setting with experience in sales.
- Strong project management skills.
- Have strong multitasking & time management skills.
- Be a social butterfly and natural networker – actively engage with the local community, partners & clients
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends as well as economic factors.
- The ability to effectively listen, communicate, and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and colleagues in all situations.
- Strong media and presentation skills.
- Must speak Dutch and English – knowledge of other languages preferred.
We’re looking for people with as much character as our unique new lifestyle hotels. If you love looking after people and hate stuffy service, you’ll be right at home at voco™. Start a different kind of career as part of IHG’s family of 17 global brands and 5,500+ hotels around the world.
Be Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on delivering the important things that our guests need and value consistently – every day, every stay. We’re hosts our guests can always count on.
Be Natural: We’re genuine, natural hosts – always friendly, relaxed, and charming. We get to know our guests and build a personal rapport, putting them at ease throughout their stay.
Make it memorable: We’re hosts who share our local knowledge and personal recommendations to help guests get the most from their stay. We look for ways to surprise and delight our guests, indulging them with little acts of kindness that make their stay memorable.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package – including duty meals and discounted hotel accommodation worldwide.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved, and grow.
And because voco™ The Hague belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5500 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to voco™ The Hague and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.