- Senior level position with a strong focus on logistics
- Responsible for the healthcare and pharma key accounts
About Our Client
Our client is a well known market leader in the field of logistics, transportation and supply chain. To expand their growing business we’re currently looking for a key account manager for the healthcare and pharma market. We are looking for a fulltime key account manager with a proven track record in sales related to the logistics or transportation field. It’s a key that you have also a strong netwerk in the healthcare and/or pharma industry. In this role you will have a national focus and you will combinate working for their Rotterdam and Amsterdam office.
As a Pharma & Healthcare Key Account Manager, you will be responsible to manage & develop one or multiple customers on the Pharma Vertical in the Netherlands, focusing on air logistics, sea logistics and road logistics business. You are responsible to enhance customer experience and focus on the growth areas within Netherlands.
- Develop and execute strategy for each of the allocated accounts
- Strategically approach and consult on regular basis with new and existing customers on need identification, offer suitable value services and solutions and drive business development with the objective of capitalizing various opportunities for business expansion across modes and services
- Act as the strategic point of contact – liaising with National, Regional and Global sales structure and calling on internal business unit specialists when necessary
- Create and execute specific pharma operational guidelines for account
- Drive the RFQ / Tender responses for assigned customer, liaising closely with the local and global business development group, National Business Unit pricing teams and Regional/National account team counterparts
- Control service performance and take / initiate corrective actions in case of issues and act as escalation point for global and national accounts and national managements
- Build external industry network relations and represent our client as the industry expert
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in international forwarding and logistics or equal level by experience
- Experience in Pharma Product & Compliance or Healthcare
- Around 5 years experience in Pharma & Healthcare Key Accounts management in the forwarding or logistics business
- Track record in sales related to logistics, transportation and/or forwarding
- Advanced knowledge of Air, Sea and Road Logistics. Knowledge of Contract Logistics activities is a plus
- Language skills: English, Dutch excellent speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- You can deliver excellent customer service towards customers and colleagues all over the world, you have good organizing skills and you can work accurately
- You have experience in international freight forwarding services, business development and negotiation.
What’s on Offer
Our client offers an ambitious work environment in which entrepreneurship, development and progress are paramount. In addition to an excellent salary, we also offer a travel allowance and a good pension scheme. You have 24 vacation days and 3.5 atv days and you have the option to buy extra days. We use flexible working hours so that your private work balance is optimal. In this position you are also entitled to a lease car and an attractive bonus scheme.