Looking for a new challenge? Crowne Plaza Maastricht is looking for a new Director of Sales to manage the Banqueting Sales and Sales & Marketing department. You will also work closely with our Revenue manager and the reservations department. Does this sound like the perfect job? Then read quickly further.
Crowne Plaza Maastricht is a beautiful hotel in “the Paris of the Netherlands”. Without a doubt, Maastricht is the most Burgundian city in the country. Crowne Plaza Maastricht is a hotel beautifully situated on the Maas. It offers a perfect base for a discovery tour through the historic city centre of Maastricht with its luxury boutiques, chic restaurants and attractive terraces.
The 174 richly equipped hotel rooms are of international standard, some of which have a view of the Maas and the old town. In addition, the hotel has nine banqueting rooms, a bar and a high-quality culinary restaurant.
What are your responsibilities?
As “Director of Sales” you are responsible for the entire Commercial department. The focus will be on increasing sales and revenue through the development of existing business and expansion of new business. The following tasks give an idea of the activities you will be performing:
• Preparing and analysing (IHG) reports, presenting commercial progress and daily figures to outline business progress and opportunities within the Business and Leisure market;
• Evaluate the (regional) hotel market mix and forecast;
• Increase group turnover and banqueting requests by optimizing conversion;
• Organize commercial campaigns for room reservations (individual and group reservations);
• Communicate the Revenue Management standards and objectives (KPIs) together with the Revenue Manager and train best practices to new and existing staff;
• Develop short, medium- and long-term strategies for the hotel by offering commercial attention and advisory support to other departments (drawing up annual Revenue and Sales & Marketing plan);
• Coaching and developing the commercial team, through setting objectives, personal development and succession plans;
• Leads the RFP process;
• Maintaining effective working relationship with all major stakeholders;
• Attending monthly P&L calls;
• Schedule Business Revenue Meetings and updates daily / weekly with Revenue Manager and GM.
• Creating actions to increase the turnover related to room reservations, group reservations and F&B;
• Optimizing all income flows (banqueting, room sales, F&B);
• Strategic key account management from A-Z; acquisition, development and execution;
• Introduce potential accounts;
• Organizing and facilitating client events in the hotel as well as attending strategic events and important network meetings outside the hotel and outside the city of Maastricht;
• Leading the pro-active sales team in preparation of the annual / monthly sales plan;
• Tracking and reviewing bookings in the systems on occupancy, prices, reason for cancellation, etc.
• Analyse this data, market information, distribution channels, etc. If necessary, block bookings and prices;
• Discussing (possible) bookings with external service providers / agents;
• Drawing up the acceptance and pricing policy, strategic planning and forecast with regard to reservations and presenting and discussing these, together with the measures taken, in the periodic consultation, so that the sales plan can be realized;
• Develop short- and long-term Ecommerce strategy;
• Reporting to the General Manager and Headquarters.
Director of Sales:
As Director of Sales you have the following characteristics:
• You are proactive, result-oriented and you can easily make well-considered decisions without much steering;
• You have corporate contact knowledge and of yield / reservation systems;
• Experience with pricing structures and strategies;
• Experience with banqueting systems, demand calendars and their configuration;
• You have completed an education Commercial Management or Hotel School;
• Experience in the hotel industry is a must;
• Extensive experience in the above commercial activities;
• Strong leadership to lead the internal team and extensive experience in establishing external relationships;
• Excellent communication and written skills;
• You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written;
• You are able to perform critical analyses;
• You know how to negotiate MICE business with different sectors (Pharma, Finance, etc.).What do we offer you?
In addition to a great workplace, we offer you:
• A salary with extras;
• Company car;
• A laptop and telephone;
• Various IHG trainings;
• Local discounts and discounts at all IHG hotels.