Heb jij marketing en communicatie ervaring en ervaring met het organiseren van (internationale) evenementen? Op zoek naar een nieuwe uitdaging waar je deze ervaring in kan zetten in een geavanceerd netwerk dat wetenschappers, onderzoekers en academici in heel Europa en de wereld met elkaar verbindt? Check dan zeker deze vacature bij GÉANT.
Communications and Events Support Officer
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications (Marcomms), this new and exciting role will support the closely aligned Marcomms and Events teams in equal parts, although the time split will vary during the year according to event schedules.
Events support will focus on ensuring that events and engagement programmes are well organised, delivered, managed and supported. This includes the management of meetings, administration and logistics. Marcomms support will focus on planning and implementation of communications campaigns and activity, primarily those around events.
Due to the nature and timing of GÉANT events and programmes, and where event work allows, the job holder will also support the wider Marketing and Communications (Marcomms) team in the implementation of communications plans that support the GÉANT Project and other GÉANT-coordinated projects.
This is a permanent and full-time role. If the role is filled in our Amsterdam office however, it will be offered as a 1-year definite contract, with the possibility of becoming indefinite thereafter.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A higher-level education, ideally in a relevant field (e.g. Business or Marketing)
- Proven experience of organising international events (logistics and budgeting, liaising with designers and suppliers). Ideally, you will have experience of organising international conferences for at least 300 people
- Strong administrative, organisational and IT skills
- Experience of successfully coordinating internal and external suppliers
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in marketing and communications, ideally within a relevant industry. Part of the role will involve writing about ICT related subjects such as networking technologies, trust and identity services, cloud services etc. Whilst knowledge of these areas is not essential, you should be able to absorb information and write around these areas for a wider audience.
Why work for GÉANT?
We offer a blazing-fast, cutting-edge network that connects scientists, researchers and academics across Europe and the world. Thanks to our terabit network, 50 million researchers, scientists, academics and students can share record volumes of data unconstrained by location, solving some of mankind’s biggest challenges.
Work at GÉANT and you’ll be supporting critical research into sustainable energy, deep space, high-energy physics, earth observation, environmental disasters, medicine and more!
Benefits of working for GÉANT
You’ll receive excellent benefits at GÉANT – in the Netherlands we offer a 8 % holiday allowance and a 5% end of year allowance as standard. We also invest heavily in learning to help our people become the best at what they do.
Where the role and service allow, we offer flexible working (around core business hours) and the opportunity to work from home. Currently working from home is the standard until our offices reopen again.
The other benefits you receive include an appropriate pension scheme, the possibility to join our collective medical insurance and/or a medical insurance allowance and a generous amount of vacation days per year.
Solliciteren op deze communicatie vacature?
Heb je interesse in deze functie bij GÉANT in Amsterdam? Solliciteer voor 15 maart via onderstaande direct solliciteren knop of mail je motivatie en cv naar email@example.com.