- An international oriented organization.
About Our Client
Our client aims to certify best practices and knowledge in various areas of Internet networking and network security. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Consultant to help us grow this professional certification program across our service area of 76 countries and beyond. Furthermore, this company is a not-for-profit organization founded on the belief that the Internet should be governed openly, transparently, and in partnership with the wider Internet community. We are one of the oldest Internet organizations in Europe and proud of our legacy. Our strongest asset is our staff. We bring together 160 people from more than 38 countries in our modern, vibrant office in the east wing of Amsterdam Central Station. At the moment, we are working fully remotely because of COVID-19. Our official working language is English, but more than 30 languages are spoken by our colleagues. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our goal is the same: we work for the good of the Internet.
- Creating a long-term sales strategy and execute this strategy
- Make optimal use of internal systems, applications, and data sets to support data-driven sales strategy
- Identify and create mutually beneficial relationships and develop existing partnerships with higher education institutions, governmental agencies, and corporates to achieve revenue growth and market penetration
- Act as a trusted advisor to partner organizations by providing in-depth support and guidance directly aligned to the company’s training and certification portfolio
- Creating and building new business leads by making connections and exploring relevant opportunities
- Create and deliver innovative presentations on the company’s training and certification portfolio with the input from Customer Service and Marketing
- Staying abreast of market trends and update business development target lists and sales funnel accordingly
- Sign and track partnership agreements and coordinate a smooth onboarding of new partners
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Eight years of business development or sales experience in technology and/or higher education sectors
- Proven track record of sales success, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals, and a valuable network
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience with online certification programs, or similar training programs
- Knowledge in customer engagement and driving customer adoption
- Ability to build rapport and strong communication and negotiation skills
- High-energy, positive attitude with a passion to get the maximum satisfaction for your customers
- Motivated self-starter mindset. This is a standalone position in the Learning and Development team, so you need to be able to work independently.
What’s on Offer
Great hourly rate and open communication.